My name is Nate Cahoon and I am Film Maker based out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Since I was 10 years old I knew that I was put on this earth to be behind a lens. Borrowing my Moms 8mm handy cam and sneaking off into the woods to film my friends "huck their meat" into mounds and mounds of powder snow felt so right to me. There was something so attractive about being able to capture incredible moments and show them to the people I loved in hopes it brought them some joy in their lives. That is what I aim to do with every production I am apart of. Before interesting looking images, I really want people to feel a certain emotion about whatever the subject matter may be. We all can relate to one another as human beings and I strive to showcase that.
· Co-founded a winter action sports production company by the age of 19, producing 28+ short online films and totaling 800K+ views in its lifetime.
· Annually produced technical, financial, and logistical information for local and international film projects concerning all aspects of production for several online films, pulling in an average of 10,000 views per video.
· Experience designing and negotiating business proposals to large brands and organizations.
· 8+ years of experience working in a marketing/filmmaking environment. Skilled in developing creative and innovative marking efforts for distribution of projects.
· Strong field producing skills working in difficult and sometimes dangerous environments locally and overseas.
· Experience and expertise guarantee professionalism in the following: coordination of labor, resources and advertising to achieve maximum profitability. Provision of quality service to a diverse clientele.
· Demonstrates superior time management skills working with tight deadlines independently and remotely from several locations.
· Technically proficient with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Audition, RED Cine-X Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
· Experience shooting a multitude of state of the art video cameras out of planes, trains, automobiles, snowmobiles, helicopters. Experienced skier willing to (literally) go the extra mile to accomplish any project goals.
Alta Ski Area, Armada Skis, Backcountry.com, Cole Sports, Coalatree Organics, Dakine, Discrete Headwear, Dynastar/Lange, ESPN online, Faction Skis, Freeskier Magazine, Giro, Goal Zero, GoPro, Inspired Media Concepts, Mountain Magazine, Morino Lodge Japan, Outside Magazine, Powder Magazine, Red Bull, Salomon Sports, Scott Sports USA, Smith Optics, SnoGression, Snowbird Resort, Soul Ryders Productions, Stellar Adventure Media, The North Face, Vice Media